Saturday, October 20, 2007

CPR Class

I am going to talk about my ED 322 class, CPR class. I have been amazed at how much there is to remember about CPR. It is definitely not as easy as it looks. Learning CPR is different for an infant, child, and adult. There are AED machines you have to learn about and the procedures are different for infants, children, and adults. You have to be mindful of heart problems and respiratory problems. There are different procedures for a choking infant, child, and adult. There are different procedures if the victim is unconscious or conscious. I have taken all of the written tests and done well so far, but we are about to have an individual skills test. Now that I have started studying, it is really hard to remember the minor differences in the procedures. It is frustrating that there are so many different things to learn, but I know that it is very important. In a real situation, I know that it will be very important for me to know all of the details because it could make the difference in saving someone’s life. Wish me luck on my test!

No comments: